Official Fuji 18-55mm sample images

Started Oct 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vic Chapman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,237Gear list
Like?
Re: Bokeh in 55mm sample, not so good...
In reply to Mark H, Oct 20, 2012

Mark H wrote:

The bokeh in this sample shot at 55mm f/4.0 doesn't look so good...

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_e1/sample_images/img/index/ff_x_e1_029.JPG;

...lots of bright 'ring' outlines around the out of focus highlights (see the trees/roof, through the window in the background).

Blimey Mark, don't you think you're being a little harsh! At full resolution there are maybe a dozen tiny oof doughnuts where the image is way out of the focus plane through a window which is also out of the focus plane around ultra tiny tree leaves against a bright background. - If I point my D700 with 200mm f2 lens at the noonday sun it doesn't expose perfectly but I don't complain - there are always some circumstances in which a lens won't be 100%.

Take a look at the flickr pages (in my earlier post in this thread). You'll see a wide selection of FLs, ISOs and subjects from the 18-55X lens.

I have a feeling that this lens will hit sales of the 18mm f2 since it looks as good if not better IQ-wise at the cost of 1 stop of light gathering.

Vic

-- hide signature --

The sky is full of holes that let the rain get in, the holes are very small - that's why the rain is thin.
Spike Milligan

Vic Chapman's gear list:Vic Chapman's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow