DAM software replacement for IDImager

Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
MisterBG
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,186
Like?
Re: DAM software replacement for IDImager
In reply to fuego6, Oct 20, 2012

fuego6 wrote:

Sounds like you would be able to use just about any DAM application on the market at the moment.. those that don't have a dedicated Edit In.. still allow you to drag/drop into an application - this works well for docked program icons too.

You would think that, but my trials seem to reveal otherwise.

I rather like Breeze Browser, although the interface looks rather dated, but as far as I can see, it's purely a browser and it has no search facility.
Daminion I find non-intuitive, and stare at the screen with no clue as to what to do to get the program to do what I want, and I don't like the idea of it creating the database in "My Computer", I'd prefer it elsewhere and I haven't found how to change the file destination, from what you say, maybe I should give it another chance (if all else fails read the instructions!).
I've also looked at Picajet, which looked promising, ACDSee free, which I simply don't like (and also wants to be the editor I don't need), VVP - which I don't like but cannot recall why and deleted it quickly, and DigiKam, which I only tried on my fairly slow laptop, but appears to be the slowest running program I've come across in a long time.
My "30 day trial" of PhotoSupreme has ceased to work after only 15 days, so I cannot explore that any further. A post on their forum elicited the response "do you have an internet connection problem?" to which the answer is NO. I'm awaiting a further response on that. My initial impression of PhotoSupreme was that the adding of copyright, title, description and tags was not as simple and straight forward as in IDImager, and I certainly don't need a "Controlled Vocabulary" when it comes to assigning tags to my images.
I'm probably going to explore Zoner Photo Studio some more, since it looks very promising, the fact it's free being a bonus, although I'm quite willing to pay a reasonable amount for the right program, which puts Photo Mechanic outside of my budget.

-- hide signature --

>To err is Human. To really foul things up you need a computer.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow