Nokton 17.5mm F/0.95?

Started Oct 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
t3htriste
Forum MemberPosts: 77Gear list
Like?
Re: Nokton 17.5mm F/0.95?
In reply to reon3010, Oct 20, 2012

I bought it the same day I bought the E-M5, along with the battery grip. Here are some points:

• It's heavy. Heavier than the E-M5 body, even with the battery grip!
  • It's bulky. Slightly bigger and wider than the Olympus 12-50mm kit lens, though it would take about the same amount of space in your bag.
  • It has an aperture ring. So it's a bit more tactile. I like it.
  • It has focus distance markings. This is the primary reason why I bought this lens.
  • No one with a m4/3 camera will need this, imho. Or at the very least, most people won't.

The reason behind my purchase was that I wanted it for street photography. Well...the weight, bulk, MF and aperture can be considered overkill, indeed. But the focus distance markings sold it for me: I wanted to be able to zone focus.

Yeah, silly reason. But however expensive it ended up being, I'm happy with it. =3

Here's a sample at f/2:

My dog.
Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm f0.95 - ISO500 f2 1/125s. JPEG extracted from RAW via Photo Mechanic v5.

t3htriste's gear list:t3htriste's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow