Started Oct 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Maethros
New MemberPosts: 20Gear list
Like?
Aokatec GPS Receiver AK-G2 on D600
Oct 20, 2012

I decided to move my message to its own thread so I didn't hijack the Aokatec D800 thread.

The AK-G2 has the connector that fits the D600.  I received mine today. Fit is very snug in the connector and this is a good thing.

Some have said the LED is very bright. If the LED starts to bug me I'll just cover it with a piece of tape.

Some quick iPhone pics:

My only con is the gap between the body of the GPS receiver and the camera. Because the AK-G2 mounts to the side of the D600, it's more susceptible to impacts and the gap will put torque on the connector and eventually damage it. But this is not a show stopper as I'll just add a piece of closed cell foam between the GPS and camera body to prevent torquing on the connector.

Otherwise, I have no complaints about the unit.  It's nice and small, satellite lock on is quick and I love having heading information. Plus the price was nice.

Maethros's gear list:Maethros's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +1 more
Nikon D600 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow