Where to go from a700

Started Oct 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hugo600si
Contributing MemberPosts: 730Gear list
Like?
Re: Where to go from a700
In reply to simdim, Oct 19, 2012

I replaced my a700 with the a77 about a year ago, the a65 misses the double scroll wheels and weather sealing plus micro adjust. I have shot about 20k images with the a77 and have to say I really like it, the viewfinder has its drawbacks (very sunny days), but the benefits are massive can't imagine going back from that. I have not taken a single shot with my a700 after I got the a77, I still have it as a back-up though, not much value in selling it and I really liked the camera (also still have my 600si only my XG-1 is gone)

I bought the nex 7 for my wife, it is also a very nice camera, too small for me in most cases but image quality is a very small step up and the tri-navi is brilliant.

I do find my images need a bit more work than the a700 needed, well compensated by all the new features, but everything has its price (24mpix means tiny sensor wells).

Currently I might well have been tempted by the a99

-- hide signature --

Shamelessly promoting my favourite painters website (my wife's )
http://EdithsArt.nl

Hugo600si's gear list:Hugo600si's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow