Canon 15-85 vs. 10-22

Started Oct 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rakumi
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,151
Like?
Re: Canon 15-85 vs. 10-22
In reply to EmmanuelStarchild, Oct 19, 2012

You should not be so quick to upgrade from your kit lens.  It is a great lens.  IQ wise is probably one of the best lenses up to a range in price of $500 or so.  It is a great multi purpose lens as it is a decent general walk around focal length, has IS, and has partial macro abilities.  I for one did not realize how great this lens was until later on buying a few other lenses and discovering how great this lens is.  Though I do not use it too much, I will never sell this lens.  It is also really light weight.

Anyway, you sound like you really would be into Wide angle shots so I suggest that.  The top ones I know of are the Canon 10-22mm, Sigma 8-16mm, and the Tokina 11-16mm 2.8.

I went with the Sigma 8-16mm...  All are great, you will love having a UWA if landscape is your thing.  There is no substitute.

-- hide signature --

Darkness is the monster and your shutter is your sword, aperture your shield and iso your armor. Strike fast with your sword and defend well with your shield and hope your armor holds up.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow