Lot's of critics of Canon DSLR sensors these days, any photo proof to support this?

Started Oct 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Turbo Hampster
Contributing MemberPosts: 526Gear list
Like?
Re: Fred Miranda, he does say...
In reply to Jon Rty, Oct 19, 2012

According to whom does the 5DIII lead after ISO 1600? Looking at DxO, they're equal for SNR and DR, with the D800 having a 1/2 stop advantage in color sensitivity, leading to it's higher low-light score. At base ISO, the D800 measures a 2.6 stop advantage for DR, and a 1.6 bit advantage for color sensitivity.

The fact of the matter remains that Canon hasn't significantly improved their FX sensors for half a decade, while Sony keeps on improving with every generation. And personally, I judge image quality very highly when it comes to cameras, mainly because I seldom shoot anything where ergonomics or performance would stop me from getting the shot. At the end of the day, I want to get the best image quality I can afford, which means that the sensor is the most important part of that equation. I can get the shot with almost any camera, but I can't make a sensor perform better than how it does.

Well DXO says.. Just Saying

Turbo Hampster's gear list:Turbo Hampster's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow