A99 Still life tests up at Imaging Resource!!

Started Oct 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
moimoi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,914Gear list
Like?
Re: A99 Still life tests up at Imaging Resource!!
In reply to billorg, Oct 19, 2012

I am afraid those lab tests are irrelevant in the real world.  We will have to wait for real-life samples posted by future users, and to look at the noise patterns.  I have looked at full res samples from the 5DIII and D600, and I am now waiting for those taken with the a99.  I expect them to be inferior due to the SLT technology, lower I/s(I) (i.e., signal-to-noise ratio) will ultimately lead higher noise when the signal is amplified to match non-SLT cameras.  Adding an extra piece of glass in the light path between subject and sensor is not the ultimate solution to enhance I/s(I).

Some may not like the idea of flipping mirrors, but the truth is that it still remains a very solid solution even for high-end cameras (see what Canikon does).  When CDAF will be fast enough, the mirror will eventually disappear, and SLT will be long forgotten as an intermediate solution.  Mirrorless is most likely the future, it is still not quite there yet but we are getting closer for sure.

-- hide signature --

All harsh, impolite and/or unreasonable replies will be simply ignored.
Measurebators are out of my world, photography is not about babbling behind a computer... but rather being out of your home, shoot and share photographs with other people. Shoot and Share...Thanks.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow