Lot's of critics of Canon DSLR sensors these days, any photo proof to support this?

Started Oct 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Turbo Hampster
Contributing MemberPosts: 529Gear list
Like?
Re: Fred Miranda, he does say...
In reply to Ecorone, Oct 19, 2012

Ecorone wrote:

I'm also confused about what the original responder was indicating by quoting the Fred Miranda review. I was expecting a scathing report showing how much superior the D800 was to the 5D3 in real world situations. Instead it highlighted the advantages and disadvantages of both cameras within the specific field of landscape photography and concluded that both cameras were fantastic pieces of photographic equipment... am I missing something?

+1 Million

But we will still see a million of these pointless measurebater threads...

Sony sensors lead the way in Base ISO DR... Don't think any reasonable person would deny this.

BUT this advantage disappears after ISO 1600 and then Canon sensors take a slight lead..

On pretty much all other bits of sensor performance Canon/Nikon/Sony are pretty much the same

Base ISO DR is merely one part of a cameras performance

So to say Canon is screwed because they have fallen behind in this one area is laughable at best.. Sure if extreme shadow lifting is you're thing then Nikon/Sony are the better choices

But as you can see from people's reviews many things come into camera choice, handling, colour reproduction, autofocus, lens choice etc etc..

And for me Canon is the better choice, for others Nikon/Sony etc is..

Turbo Hampster's gear list:Turbo Hampster's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow