Which 85mm for indoor sports?

Started Oct 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
MMACory
Senior MemberPosts: 1,032Gear list
Like?
Speaking of the 135...
In reply to pdxpix, Oct 19, 2012

I use the 135 f2 on my T1i with amazing results.  I really like it and the limitations aren't overwhelming (compared to a zoom).  I would like some 200mm (x1.6) shots, but you can't have it all.

I broke down and got the venerable 70-200 2.8 IS II and used it for a ridiculously outstanding volleyball match last Saturday where my daughter's team beat the 11th ranked team in the state.  They were 16-0 until then.

Anyway, I very much enjoyed using the zoom, but the pictures weren't up to snuff compared to the 135.  Nothing against the zoom - I used it the next day at a large dinner/speaking engagement where the zoom really came in handy as did the IS at lower shutter speeds.  Ideally, I might like to have the prime for indoor sports and a great zoom for everything else.

In the mean time, if you like, my indoor volleyball tutorial is at the top of http://corysteiner.blogspot.com .

MMACory's gear list:MMACory's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow