Not sure if I did the right thing... from Canon 5D3 to D700?

Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rumi Siddiqui
Regular MemberPosts: 193Gear list
Like?
Re: My uncle's thoughts exactly...
In reply to TheoC, Oct 19, 2012

TheoC wrote:

So you expect the arrival of the d700 and haven't thought about the 50/1.4 Nikkor!?:-))) You can find the 1.4 d version quite reasonably priced, around 200 USD. Also have a look at the 35/2 AFD Nikkor, very cheap and wonderful. Enjoy your camera!

Theo

I'm really sorry, but I'm not familiar with all of Nikon's lenses and classifications. I thought the AFD lenses were for non-full-frame Nikon's, compatible with full frame, but only in Dx mode. Am I wrong? I really do not know much about Nikon at all to be honest.

I know Nikon has the 50 1.4G, and the newer 50 1.8, but to be honest, I haven't been all that impressed with the images from both of those lenses. I think Canon may have the slight edge to the 50mm focal length, at least from what I have seen. Now I did read about the Nikon 50 1.2 AIS manual lens, and have seen gorgeous images, but I'm not interested in manual at the moment.

But I do love the 50mm focal length. I will look at more images to further evaluate. I really like the Nikon 85 1.8, but I thought it'd be sort of a waste, considering I already purchased the 70-200mm 2.8.

Rumi Siddiqui's gear list:Rumi Siddiqui's gear list
Nikon D810 Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135 Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow