Started Oct 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,695Gear list
Like?
Re: travel tripods
In reply to LincolnB, Oct 19, 2012

LincolnB wrote:

Midnighter wrote:

Yea, I have it as well, the pivot to horizontal center-post is da-snitz. I would not want to lug it around too far though, its no travel-pod.

I've strapped it to the back of my motorcycle many a time!

That's not a test for "travelability" ... you could as easily travel with a serious tripod like the one on the left in this image ... the real test is taking it in your backpack with the rest of the equipment and traveling on a plane overseas. That tests the metal (or plastic) of any "travel" tripod ...

I just acquired the inexpensive and rather tiny Slik Compact II for 29 bucks (Future Shop clearance), shown second from right in the above image. This looks like the one ... it is light, the three leg sections deploy very easily and the adjustability is adequate to the task.

It seems to be solid enough to hold the G5 and a longish lens, but I will only know that when I take it to Stockholm next week.

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow