Comparision Light Room - Capture one

Started Oct 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Fred Briggs
Senior MemberPosts: 1,007Gear list
Like?
Re: Comparision Light Room - Capture one
In reply to bokstaver, Oct 19, 2012

A couple of points:

It seems evident that the settings aren't really identical (even if set the same) from the fact that fringing is corrected in the C1 version and isn't in the LR version.  This could make a big difference.

Secondly have you tried different camera profiles in LR or stayed with the Adobe Standard one?  In my experience these can produce more variation than between your two samples, and you may find one of them more to your liking.

I think the previous poster's advice to set to optimum settings in both and then compare is sound - after all what is the point of only using the defaults - these are the respective manufacturers views and Adobe may well be more conservative than C1.

When I last compared these two I found C1 superficially more appealing but on very large magnification it seemed to be inventing non-existent detail.  This made things like foliage look good but when it started sprinkling details into gaps in a wall which should have shown plain sky (and did in LR) then I was not so impressed!

Fred

Fred Briggs's gear list:Fred Briggs's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow