Started Oct 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Trevor Carpenter
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,055
Like?
CAF and me
Oct 19, 2012

CAF has been debated many times on this forum and it has recently been even more discussed as we go over what different types of camera can and can’t do.   Despite this and owning two Olympus DSLRs and doing Birds and Planes I have never used CAF  The reason crazy as it may seem, is because I read on here some years ago that CAF doesn’t work on Olympus DSLRs.  Maybe I imagined that because now the main concern re micro 4/3s seems to be the poor CAF in comparison to DSLRs.

For three years, I have just carried on regardless using SAF and constantly refocusing and with some success.  Yesterday I was photographing airliners at Heathrow with my E520 and accidentally switched to CAF.  Instead of changing straight back I thought I’d see how well it did.  Wow I was amazed at how well it works, both with side to side and planes coming head on.  When I was checking my shots last night my success right was extremely good although in a burst of 6 there was invariably one that missed.

The irony was just an hour before I had taken a phone call agreeing to sell my 520.

-- hide signature --
Olympus E-520
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow