Beginner looking to get a PL2- suggestions?

Started Oct 18, 2012 | Questions thread
David43Fan
Regular MemberPosts: 114
Like?
Re: The truth....
In reply to tedolf, Oct 19, 2012

Since I owned my OM-2n 25 years ago my foray into digital Olympus cameras has seen the following come and go: E-510; E-3; E-620; E-PL1

I kept the E-1 for it's colours, and the E-PL2 seemed to be perfect for me (a definite upgrade from E-PL1) when I needed better resolution. A few weeks ago I pcked up a used OM-D at a great price and so the E-1 is finally going as I have a few m43 lenses now: 45mm; 14-150mm; 12-50mm & 14-42mm MSC II. I'm loathed to sell the E-PL2 though, as it is more comfortabe to hold than the OM-D (which has the grip too) and has onboard flash as has been said. The OM-D is not worth 5 times the price of the E-PL2. I also like the wheel on the back of the E-PL2 as I've got used to the same on my XZ-1, another great 'keeper'. I'd recommend the XZ-1 just as much as the E-PL2 but you sound as though you'll want to expand your lens selection later, so the E-PL2 wins here. Just go for the standard kit 14-42 to start and then see how you feel when finances allow. The 45mm is a real cracker though!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow