Started Oct 19, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
riddim
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
SLT-A57 or DSC-RX100 or Camcorder for video
Oct 19, 2012

Im a newbie.  Be kind !  I recently bought a Sony SLT-A57 thinking id be able to capture some nice video of my kids dancing etc and also use it as a still camera.  Im new to photography and havent really focussed on details/manual-controls etc, though they tell me i have a really good eye for framing pictures (art class hangover!).

Anyways i took some video of my daughter dancing on stage with the kit lens (18-55) that came with it and im not impressed at all.  Maybe i should have bought a camcorder but the still pics on this camera are amazing.  I dont wanna spend too much money on this stuff, i know you can go crazy judging by the gear people seem to invest in on the board, im just not that committed as yet.

So here is my question.  Should i sell the SLT-A57 and buy a camcorder or the new RX100 compact since i dont seem to be getting that much of a benefit for the bulk im carrying around with the SLT-A57  OR  should i invest in a better lens and stick with the bulky DSLR+Lens set up thats frankly quite annoying ?  Ideally id like to have a really good camera that takes excellent quality pics without messing around with settings (you can flame me ... photography is not my life though i love it) and also has the capacity to take excellent video, without being too bulky or expensive !!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow