Some more (last) questions on the SX40 HS...

Started Oct 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NPPhoto
Senior MemberPosts: 1,084
Like?
Some more (last) questions on the SX40 HS...
Oct 19, 2012

Before I open the box and incur a 15% restocking fee, I have some questions about the SX40.

How good is the AF for occasional birding or other action? I have a DSLR but as of late, I have become a bit lazy to carry bodies and lenses. How good is continuous AF and tracking?

Is the shot to shot speed good, ok or acceptable? I have a Z990 and I am hoping it is better than that.

Does installing CHDK have any negative effects on the camera?

I know there has been a lot of praise for the SX50 here but can it do birding or other action that much better than the SX40? I am mostly a landscape photog and people on occasion and maybe do some birding and wildlife, about 20% of the time.

I am not concerned about the IQ because I have seen some of your work here and it is absolutely beautiful. I am concerned about the other things as they do hinder average shooting.

Actually, I had originally purchased  this from Fry's for $260 but also found one at Target for $214 on clearance. Heck I might keep both and find use for both of them.

-- hide signature --

Nick P

Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Kodak EasyShare Z990 (EasyShare Max)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow