Fuji XE1 vs Oly EM5 (cost comparison)

Started Oct 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
njb311
Forum MemberPosts: 66Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji XE1 vs Oly EM5 (cost comparison)
In reply to Starred, Oct 19, 2012

The E-M5 body's price in Europe does seem very high compared to the US. Literally, US$999 = GBP999.

When the X-E1 was announced, the early UK price speculation was £999 body and £1400 with kit. It is great to see far more aggressive pricing of £749 body and £1099 kit. As a result of this, I can't help but think that Olympus will cut the price of the OM-5 in November in time to compete for Christmas sales, so you will probably see a £250/€300 price reduction shortly. (They are both priced $999 in the US.)

However, lenses are a different issue, their prices only seem to be going in one direction. Over the last year or so I've been selling my Canon L lenses and with only one exception (which I'd only had for 3-4 months) I got more than I paid for them originally - even ones I bought 8 years ago. It will be interesting to see how attractive second hand M4/3 and Fuji X mount lenses are, and if buying used could cut the cost of buying into a new system considerably.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow