Fixed lens 4/3 compact?

Started Aug 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
oeoek
Regular MemberPosts: 423Gear list
Like?
Re: Fixed lens 4/3 compact?
In reply to Northsky, Oct 19, 2012

I am probably in a slightly different user group, having an Om-D already. When I bought the Om-D, I was torn between the canon G1-X and and the Oly M43 offerings, Looking at the size, the fixed zoomlens did not offer much size profits, the G1 X was as hard to pocked as any Pen with its standard zoom (just overall to big and heavy). If I have to carry the camera in a small pouch, it might just as well be an interchangeable lens camera.

I would however be interested in a very small M43 sensor fixed lens camera, even if it came with a prime instead of a zoom. Key feature: size. Shoehorn the M43 sensor if the OM-D into the smallest possible body, bolt on a small zoom or even a 17 or 20mm prime, and if it is the size of something like the canon S95, I might very well be interested, depending on the price.

The trick here is I would like a smaller, really pocket-able camera for those occasions where even the smaller sized pen's might not be an option. Its main attraction over my present S95 would be the similar AND similar work-flow in PP for both my camera's.

oeoek's gear list:oeoek's gear list
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow