Nikon 70/200 f4 VR II a switcher?

Started Oct 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rick Knepper
Forum ProPosts: 10,490Gear list
Like?
I'll probably buy the 70/200mm f4 VR II at some point
In reply to douin, Oct 19, 2012

douin wrote:

Nikon is supposedly going to announce the 70/200mm f4 VR II next week. If this is true, I believe this will encourage many Canon users to switch to Nikon as so far the equivalent from Canon was non existant with Nikon. Nikon has truly rejuvenated many of its lenses whilst Canon seems to ignore the feedback from many users. Does anyone else think likewise?

if the news is real (the rumor sites have been more right than wromg lately). I use both brands in part because each brand has had distinct advantages in their lens line-ups. I just purchased the 24-70 II which blurred the distinction a bit. The 70/200mm f4 VR II certainly continues this "blurring".

Not for me, but it's possible the 70/200mm f4 VR II could be the tipping point for a shooter who has long contemplated a D800 switch but has held back due to lenses.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy.

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow