Started Oct 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Georgios
Forum MemberPosts: 56Gear list
Like?
A550 built-in flash overexposure.
Oct 19, 2012

I set my A550 in tripod. Central focus point, single auto focus. Shoot the same subject, keep the same ISO. When I use Program mode the exposure with the pop-up flash is good. I notice the speed and the aperture the camera has selected. I use the same aperture in Aperture priority mode. The A550 naturally selects the speed it had selected in Program mode. Now with the pop-up flash it overexposes badly. I have repeatedly tested with ADI, no ADI simple TTL, matrix metering or spot metering. Always the same problem: with a certain speed and aperture in Program mode on built-in flash exposures acceptably, the same speed and aperture in Aperture mode on built-in flash terribly over exposures. Am I missing something? What can I do to make my A550 exposure correctly in every mode with the built-in flash?

By the way, I have an external Metz that never gave me such problems.

Georgios's gear list:Georgios's gear list
Nikon D90 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Nikon D5000 Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 +20 more
Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 Sony SLT-A55
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow