Please advise, Nikon d800e with 24-70mm v Canon 5d m3 with 24-70mm...

Started Oct 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vivid1
Regular MemberPosts: 235Gear list
Like?
Re: Well in fact
In reply to bobn2, Oct 19, 2012

bobn2 wrote:

Vivid1 wrote:

But that is not the choice, is it? Generally the shutter speed is constrained, so the real choice would be f/1.2 at 1/125 or f/1.4 at 1/125, in which case the former gets 1/2 stop more exposure. If the noise floor (read noise) stays the same, that is another 1/2 stop DR.

What on earth is that for an argument Bob - why would I NOT be able to shoot my 85 at 1/90???

Well - you know why we talk about the 'speed' of a lens - 'speed' refers to the shutter speed you can use with that lens. In real photography your lowest shutter speed is fixed by motion blur -or had you not come across that notion. If you could shoot the f/1.4 at 1/90, then you can also shoot the f/1.2 at 1/90 - any speed you can shoot one at, you can shoot the other at, just until you can't set the shutter any slower because the camera shake kills all the resolution.

So is this how Nikon shooters do it : Just pick a shutterspeed and select any aperture and PP to fix... or must I explain to you the relationship between shutterspeed, aperture and ISO?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow