Abstract Light Painting photos - what do you think?

Started Oct 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Photo Cat
New MemberPosts: 19Gear list
Like?
Abstract Light Painting photos - what do you think?
Oct 19, 2012

I'm wondering if any one finds images like these fun to make or at least look at... It seams I get mixed reviews when I show them to some of my friends...   Not sure if it's just they don't understand what I'm doing or if the images just don't do any thing for them...    I don't expect any kind of deep emotional response it is after all patterns of light.  But to me there is a bit of a "Cool Factor" Like "WOW I painted this with just light".

Any thoughts or advice would be helpful...  Maybe my buddies just don't get abstracts.

Shot this by moving the lights closer during the exposure... Was trying to go for a digital gradient effect but in a photograph so I could use it as a digital texture.

Shot this with several sweeps of the camera as I got closer and closer to a strong source of lights.  The final sweep being very close giving the strong leading lines in and out of the frame.

Hope this post works this time.   Thanks  John

Photo Cat's gear list:Photo Cat's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow