Best prime for 60d? Already have 50mm 1.8.

Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rakumi
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,151
Like?
Re: I had this same issue and opted for the 28mm 1.8
In reply to MAC, Oct 19, 2012

MAC wrote:

Rakumi wrote:

I just felt it was the bunch in the pack of options for things like portraits and people photography. Great optics (in my opinion and many typical users, view amazon and B&H for reviews), fast focusing, great focal length on crop body.

-- hide signature --

Darkness is the monster and your shutter is your sword, aperture your shield and iso your armor. Strike fast with your sword and defend well with your shield and hope your armor holds up.

I've debated getting this lens.  How far do you have to stop down the 28 f1.8 to get sharp pictures?  if you have to go beyond f2.2 -- then as Carl said - the f2.8 zoom .

I must say i am not a pixel peeper.  I like the shots i get at 1.8.  It is said to have soft corners and sharp center.  If this is the case, then most taking center framed photos have little to worry about.  I really love this lens and it is my most used lens.  Whether you pixel peep or not, it is great for low light shooting in a pinch.  When it comes to indoor low light shooting in casea of having a low light lens or not having one, it because just about getting anyshot you possibly can.

-- hide signature --

Darkness is the monster and your shutter is your sword, aperture your shield and iso your armor. Strike fast with your sword and defend well with your shield and hope your armor holds up.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow