Started Oct 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jaysun
Regular MemberPosts: 328
Like?
Time-Lapse of Plants Growing - Need help
Oct 19, 2012

I've dabbled in time-lapse in the past, but it was just me with my camera and a trigger, manually snapping shots to piece together.  I recently picked up an intervalometer to expand into long-term time-lapses.    I started with a 12 hour cloud TL, which I was fairly happy with.   The second test was plants growing from seeds.   A link to the result is below.   There are some obvious issues, like the initial framing of the image and the horrible backdrop, but I'd like to figure out a technique for watering.    Every time I water the plants, it's very, very obvious.  Especially towards the beginning, when I was just pouring water in, as opposed to spraying them.     Even spraying results in a jarring hiccup each time I do it, though.    I was thinking of maybe putting the pots into a dish (like a cookie sheet or baking dish), and keeping water in the dish, so the soil is always moist.  I wonder if that could effect the growth of the plants, though (as in kill them).    Any advice would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

http://youtu.be/VXVd9wkoRDc

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow