Stunned by µ4/3 print quality Locked

Started Oct 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
ZoranC
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,468
Re: Zoran
In reply to Bob Meyer, Oct 19, 2012

Bob Meyer wrote:

is apparently one of those who doesn't value composition, lighting, color, or any of the other things that make excellent . He's too busy looking at pixels and noise to notice the actual image.

-- hide signature --

I've stopped thinking in terms of "equivalent" focal lengths on m43. 25mm is what it is, and what it might be similar to on some other format doesn't matter to me any more. We need to learn what to expect from our current equipment, not keep mapping it to the old. No one refers to their 50mm FF lens as "equivalent to 80mm on MF."

har har har very funny you are. Are you suggesting Getty curators should have been satisfied if Ritts' prints were done in sloppy manner with blocked shadows, no tonal gradations, etc, because composition, lighting and colors (ahem, they are black and white) would remain? Please allow me to take few minutes off to wipe off tears of laughter that are flowing. ... OK, I am back ... no, wait I am still laughing, see you later, much later ...

(by the way, if you knew what you were talking about, if you have ever seen such prints in person, you would have realized richness of those prints allows display of Ritts mastery to fully shine, not having that would be like slapping dull coat over Mona Lisa)

-- hide signature --

Warning to everyone that it concerns: jimboyvr is hater of different ethnicities and endorser of ethnicity based killings of innocent civilians.

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yep!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow