People who upgraded from 7D to 5D MKIII

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Fritz
Forum MemberPosts: 73
Like?
Re: what about noise below 1600?
In reply to atodzia, Oct 18, 2012

atodzia wrote:

The 5D Mark III has equivalent noise at 1600 ISO to the 7D I had at 400 ISO. I sold my 7D because I was tired of the noise and am hoping they fix that in a future release. I do miss the reach at times, but that is it.

I just pulled the trigger on an upgrade from a 7D to 5DMkIII today.  Glad to see this thread saying the upgrade is worth it.  I am no pro, so this is a painful purchase; but my boys are three years old and growing by the day.  I've had my 7D for two years now and got tired of high noise at ISO 400 unless the exposure was spot on.  I also found most of my kids' shots were at the wide end of my 24-105 L and frankly there seems to be a lot of distortion for this lens at that level.  I will be happy with the move up to full frame which I haven't had since film days.     The 7D has been a joy to use and I plan on keeping it for occasions where reach is needed.

I'm sure future cameras will all have GPS, WIFI, and probably in a few years will drive your car for you  I am not interested in that.  I just want a camera with the best IQ possible resulting in less time post processing (I shoot raw) and more time photographing my kids.  Based on reviews and sample images I have downloaded I will be pleased for years to come.  Sounds like the 5DMkIII has the 'it' factor.

-- hide signature --

Fritz

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow