ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zigadiboom
Forum MemberPosts: 54Gear list
Like?
LX7 vs LX5 - Sharpness of images
Oct 18, 2012

Hi All,

I am an LX5 owner and have been thinking of upgrading to the LX7 as one of my options. However one of the issues that is hindering me from taking that step is in relation to the overall sharpness of the images that the newer camera is supposedly producing. Most reputed reviews have been overwhelmingly positive and the following review by Gizmodo even rated the LX7 as having better overall sharpness to the RX100 and S100 which honestly suprised me a little bit.

http://gizmodo.com/5950679/panasonic-lumix-lx7-review-a-lovely-point+and+shoot-for-control-freaks

However on the other hand, user reviews at Amazon are suggesting that the images are not as sharp as its predecessors especially wide open.

Perhaps when its stopped it might be better but then it beckons the question of whether the faster lens really has an advantage over something like the LX5 if it is not producing images of sufficient quality at the brighest of apertures.

So just wondering if anyone who has owned both cameras and are able to make an effective comparison regarding image quality and overally performance between the two cameras and whether it is worth the upgrade.

Zigadiboom's gear list:Zigadiboom's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon 1 V1
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow