ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
djg
djg
New MemberPosts: 19Gear list
Like?
3880 printing only part of the picture
Oct 18, 2012

I'll put this out to you people.  So far you've given me good advice.

For some reason, my 3880 sometimes only print part of a picture.  It's always a vertical cut.  For example, I just printed a picture that was suppose to be 16.5" x 24.5"  The print came out with .75 inches missing from the left side.  So the print came out 15.75" x 24.5".  The print wasn't scaled down to that size.  Part of the image was missing, the paper bare.  This was right out of the blue.  The picture (a different image) I printed 10 minutes before, printed properly at 16.5" x 24.5".

This has happened before.  The width of the part missing has varied from pint to print and it only happens once in awhile.

I'm running a PC printing with Qimage.  The image was in 8 bit, its RGB with no other channels than R,G and B.  The paper is Red River Polar Matte.  I'm feeding the printer through the top 'sheet feeder' and using a custom paper size that has been saved.

Anybody got an answer?

PS   When it prints properly the prints blow me away. ..... such a nice printer ... when it works.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow