Any flash guns with FP mode off camera?

Started Oct 17, 2012 | Questions thread
LouCioccio
Senior MemberPosts: 1,721Gear list
Like?
Re: Any flash guns with FP mode off camera?
In reply to dnercesian, Oct 18, 2012

One of the things I have been doing with off camera flash (FL50's) is that I have been using Aputure transmitter and receivers and actually using my Sekonic L358 light meter.  Although not true FP mode as I am in manual mode I set the Sekonic to flash.  I trigger the strobe and I get an ambient reading plus turning the dial to at least 30% flash.

I can light the subject but you do not notice the  flash except for the catch lights in the eyes. The images look natural. If you increase the percentage (either turning the dial and resetting the fstop and shutter) the ambient will darken.  I have had this light meter for a few years used it for ambient or setting up 3 FL50's for portraits.  I have been exercising on a stationary bike and catching up on my podcasts and I caught a Brady podcast.

Lou Cioccio

PS loosing weight and gaining some knowledge.

LouCioccio's gear list:LouCioccio's gear list
Olympus E-30 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow