My dream sigma dp camera wide angle with tilt or tilt-shift

Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 20,756Gear list
Like?
Re: My dream sigma dp camera wide angle with tilt or tilt-shift
In reply to digi2ap, Oct 18, 2012

digi2ap wrote:

Interesting, thanks for posting. I also use PS to software correct for geometric distortion when using my DP1 and DP2 cameras (not Merrill) but have noticed that the inherent image sharpness does get softened quite a bit. I'm interested to know whether the Merrill cameras with their increased resolution can withstand the effects better? Comparing the before and after images here looks like it might be so.

This is one of the major obstacles with Foveon images. At least with the older images with just few pixels. You cannot distort the image without losing the sharpness. Its the same for rotating the image. Or when correcting CA.

There is maybe a solution though. You can test it. If you upscale the image before correcting distortion, then the interpolator has more pixels to play with. Maybe the sharpness wil be preserved then?

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma DP2 Quattro RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow