Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bassman2003
Contributing MemberPosts: 649
Like?
Re: Sony A99 manual available for download
In reply to robert614, Oct 18, 2012

robert614 wrote:

Bassman2003 wrote:

Thanks for the link.  I had a look for a feature which I am hoping for but do not expect to be there.  I want 8x10 crop marks in the viewfinder.  The manual references choices for grid lines on pg 175.  Anybody know if 8x10 guides might be possible in the viewfinder?

Thanks

I'm afraid not.Sony offers 3 options.Rule of thirds grid,square grid,and square grid with diagonals.I think these are available on all Sony cameras with an EVF.I expect the A99 to be the same.Hope this helps.

Robert

Thanks for your reply.  It seems Canon, Nikon and Sony forgot that professional photographers still sell 8x10s...  I use a 5DMKII with a focussing screen that shows where an 8x10 would be in the frame.  I would think this would be quite easy to offer with the digital crop lines if they cared to put a little more effort forward.

My upgrade path is kind of held up on this one simple thing.  The A99 looks like a nice offering especially with the video potential though.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow