Not sure if I did the right thing... from Canon 5D3 to D700?

Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rumi Siddiqui
Regular MemberPosts: 201Gear list
Like?
Re: Did I get ripped off based on mileage?
In reply to Fred Mueller, Oct 18, 2012

Thanks so much for your feedback. And I feel better about my purchase for the most part. There is one thing that has been bothering me. Before I had placed my bid on Ebay for the D700, the auction had about 40 minutes left and bid was at $1500. I kept using the "Ask a seller a question" feature to ask about the shutter count and some question about the battery grip. The seller responded twice, only addressing the battery grip. It got to the point, where there was only 3 minutes left in the auction; I figured if this camera was purchased this year, shutter count may not be too high, and I semi-impulsively bid on the item, and won. After I won, I asked the seller the same question, what's the shutter count, and can you ship this camera by tomorrow. He ignored my first question, and only answered the shipping question.

Today, I asked only the shutter count question, and brought up the fact that he didn't respond to it before, despite me asking several times. He responded today, letting me know the item shipped, and told me it has 60,000 shutter count.

Did I get the short end of stick? I feel he purposely didn't answer the question, initially. I'm assuming the D700 has a 150,000 cycle, which would leave me with 90,000, which is still plenty, but still. Was $1600 a good deal for 60k actuations?

Rumi Siddiqui's gear list:Rumi Siddiqui's gear list
Nikon D810 Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135 Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow