Started Oct 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave Jaseck
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,178Gear list
Like?
Tip on retouch facial blown areas
Oct 18, 2012

Thought I would revisit a technique that Scott Kelby suggested in his book, "The Adobe Photoshop CS3 book for Digital Photographers", which give a ton of particle and useful techniques.  This is retouch technique correct for the blown areas (from flash or lighting) on faces, i.e. forheads, noses, chins.  It is something I use all the time for this and for other applications.  Simply add a blank layer over background, select the clone tool set at approx 40% opacity and blend mode at "darken" (you can conversely set it at lighten for the opposite effect).  Make a  selection with the tonallity you would like around the blown area you want to retouch, and clown in the area.  You can keep as much of the correction you would like by also adjusting the opacity of the what was the blank layer. Thought this might be a useful tip for those new to Photoshop.  Here is an example, the original and the retouched version of a project I am doing of digitizing some older photographs of my late wife.

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/davidjaseck
http://www.pbase.com/davidjaseck/image/112520927/small.jpg
Be careful how you interpret the world: It is like that.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
pdqgp MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow