Started Oct 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fly-catchers
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Monitor keeps going into sleep mode
Oct 18, 2012

My Dell XP8300 with i7 processor and 8GB RAM with a AMD 6670 1GB graphics and DEll ST2320 LCD monitor is starting to act odd! A week ago I was finding that if I plugged any USB device in or plugged my SD card into the built in reader the monitor went black/sleep mode. If I waggled the mouse the screen woke up. But if I unplugged the device or removed the card the monitor shut down again! Rebooting the computer cured this issue. But tonight it started doing it again when I tried to play a CD. As the windows player appeared on the screen the monitor again went black. And after waking it up, found the previous sources (USB/card reader) would be it into sleep mode again. Another reboot and everything is fine- for now?
Apart from some windows updates about 11 days ago nothing has been added or removed or changed to my system. Any ideas?
I do have the monitor set to go into sleep mode after 30 minutes which has been working correctly. But even disabling this made no difference!
cheers
bill

Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow