Can we say DP review did a terrible disservice to Fuji ?

Started Oct 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
nudani
Regular MemberPosts: 183Gear list
Like?
Re: Can we say DP review did a terrible disservice to Fuji ?
In reply to BillyInya, Oct 18, 2012

BillyInya wrote:

You perhaps don't need to remind most of us about the wonders of the S3 and S5 Pro.

I have an S3 and luv it to pieces.

In fact, when I purchase either the X-E1 or D600 (still undecided) I plan to ship off my old faithful S3 to have it turbo charged - by having its AA filter removed.

It will come back with similar res to a true 12MP cam or perhaps even more.

But yes, the dynamic range advantages of both the S3 and S5 have been somewhat eroded especially over the last couple of years as improving dynamic range becomes a focus for manufacturers but there is no doubt the unique S and R pixel sensor delivers something quite excellent.

My opinion is the expertise of the DP Review technical investigating/reporting team today is a far cry from back five, six or seven years ago. If deserving then expect to see Fujifilm receive the recognition it deserves - a far cry from back six or so years ago!

Cheers

What happens to the camera with the AA filter removed?  I currently own a S5 pro and love it's colors.

Thanks

nudani's gear list:nudani's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow