Re: My new X-E1 in OZ from Ebay
In reply to hexxthalion, Oct 18, 2012

hexxthalion wrote:

greatphoto wrote:

hexxthalion wrote:

greatphoto wrote:

hexxthalion wrote:

hi there, how do you find the EVF?

It's a different experience that takes a bit of getting used to slightly slower than an ovf.  also if you pan  the camera when you are looking through the evf it wobbles and vibrates until you half press the shutter for focus and then its fine.

thank you very much for your response. when you say that it's slightly slower than an OVF - do you mean an OVF on dSLR or do you also have X100/X-Pro1?

Hi

Its a little hard to explain you sort of have to wait for it to switch on. I am comparing it to Nikons.

ah ok, I think I understand what you mean - it needs some time to 'adjust' to current conditions - at least on X100 it appears like that. That's fine, shouldn't bother me that much So in general you seem to be happy with the performance of the EVF apart from some lag when panning camera.

Yes I do love the camera I have been waiting for a better m4/3rds camera for a couple of years now but that never happened.  As I carry 2 full frame cameras around on a job I am looking for something smaller and lighter.

I am just a  little surprised with the up and down quality of the camera.  Some things are really good quality like the box it comes in and other things fuji have gone cheap like the manual paper is wafer thin.  With Nikons the standard of quality is very even.  Take for example the 35mm lens.  THe lens itself is beautiful and exudes a nice level of quality but the lens hood feels like cheap plastic with no lock and could fall off so easily.  I can't see myself using the lens hood on a pro job with it falling off in front of clients, yet the lens is supposed to be a pro lens.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow