Started Oct 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Homotopy
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
LCD settings and photograph appearance
Oct 18, 2012

Hello. So, it is possible changing the brightness level, contrast, even the color and tone of my camera's display screen and my computer monitor. This of course alters the appearance of my photgraph that is diplayed on the device. My question then is, how do I know what my image actually looks like? If my brightness is a little high, an under-exposed image may look OK, or a properly exposed image may look over-exposed. Maybe I might boost the contrast of my image in photoshop unneccessarily due to my monitor's contrast being too low. I can check the histogram to ensure that the exposure is more or less proper, but there are many aspects of the photograph that aren't so clear from the histogram alone. How do I know when the actual image needs tweaking as opposed to my camera's or monitor's LCD settings being off?

I hope my question is clear, and I offer my thanks to anyone who may offer some guidance on this issue.

Cheers!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow