I finally got a paid photo gig! (with my D600)

Started Oct 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
arizonadesertrat
Senior MemberPosts: 1,323Gear list
Like?
Re: I finally got a paid photo gig! (with my D600)
In reply to mgblack74, Oct 18, 2012

mgblack74 wrote:

NeilJones wrote:

As some of you know, I DJ weddings but like to take some pics here and there. I finally got a gig last weekend as the DJ and photographer! (also shooting some video)

They wanted to save money so I gave them a good deal and eliminated an expensive photographer. (and video)  They were thrilled with the preview shots I gave them!

A couple to share with you...

-- hide signature --

Shoot like it's your last day..

Sounds great! I encountered something similar, I will be DJing a shoot I'm doing soon because they didn't want to pay an expensive DJ to press play on a laptop.

-- hide signature --

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

That's funny.  A friend of mine is a DJ.  He has as much, if not more, money invested in his gear as any wedding photographer and charges substantially less to do weddings.  He's actually very good at what he does and much sought after.  He can read a crowd and has a knack for choosing the right tunes at the right time.  Watching him I've realized this takes every bit as much skill and talent as taking memorable wedding pictures.  Of course for him, when the night is over, it's over, unlike the photographer whose work is just starting.

-- hide signature --

Fiat Lux

arizonadesertrat's gear list:arizonadesertrat's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7000 Nikon D70s Nikon D300 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow