Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
herebefore
Senior MemberPosts: 3,296
Like?
Re: Late September Light
In reply to a Chap, Oct 18, 2012

a Chap wrote:

Hello herebefore,

In contrast to Zin, I like the gut-soda combo!  Lovely evening light, although I find the light on the fencepost a bit distracting.  I might crop off the left of the frame for an 8 by 10 ratio.

This portrait is interesting to me because it is unconventional in that there are many obstacles for the eye to overcome on it's journey of discovery.  In these late September days, the real man appears to be getting lost behind gut, soda and phone, and when we reach his eyes they are in shadow and disconnect, diminishing in importance behind his labours.  This poses the questions of who he is, and how we can get him back!  If this feel is not what you intended, some more light on the face and eyes would be the order of the day, I think.

All the best,

I like the way the eyes look in this shot.... kind like he isnt really there,  He has "left the building" so to speak..

I gave some thought to "fixing" the fencepost, but then never gave it an effort.... There is no "PP work" done on this other than a "touch" of clarity in Lightroom... I didn't want to mess up the color.. White balance is "As Shot".

-- hide signature --

Larry Lynch
Mystic, Connecticut
I figured out why I cant lose weight! The only exercise Im good at is CHEWING
Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does
In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.
Oscar Wilde

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Zin,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow