Looking to buy a new Nikon...need advice

Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
kenju4u
Regular MemberPosts: 136Gear list
Like?
Re: Looking to buy a new Nikon...need advice
In reply to kenju4u, Oct 18, 2012

Well first of all I would like to say I can be a quick learner and so I think I can still do good with a D7000 if I get it before my trip.

In regards to the suggestions about the A65/A77, I like their video, HDR and panorama capabilities but having owned a Sony for many years now. I am very turned off from their low light performance. I compared the A77 with the D7000 high ISO images details and there is no comparison. The D7000 blows it away.

The NEX mirrorless are good options but I haven't been sold on them yet. the ISO capabilities are the same as the A77 and from what I remember they are not good when it comes to moving objects.

I am looking at the D7000 + 18 - 200 VR II lens as it is well liked and versatile. I will probably get a prime short after.  Just don't want to feel like I missed out on something better if I buy the camera today and then find out next week there is a replacement. I know that this going to be THE camera for a while since I have no justification to buy a new one every couple of years, plus the wife won't approve it

thanks for the advice and walking me through the decision process.

-- hide signature --

CAMERAS : Sony A200, Fuji F30, iPhone 4
---------------------------------------------------------
LENS: Sony 1870 Kit Lens, Minolta 70-200 3.5-4.5 Lens, Minolta 50mm 1.7f prime lens

kenju4u's gear list:kenju4u's gear list
Nikon D7000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow