Not sure if I did the right thing... from Canon 5D3 to D700?

Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tommot1965
Contributing MemberPosts: 932Gear list
Like?
Re: Not sure if I did the right thing... from Canon 5D3 to D700?
In reply to Rumi Siddiqui, Oct 18, 2012

Rumi Siddiqui wrote:

I've been debating for the past several months between the 5D3 and D800, and then between the D800/D600, but I don't know what came over me, last night. I was on eBay, and I saw a mint condition D700 that was purchased in early 2012 with warranty remaining, and I nabbed it for $1600, which included the grip and two batteries. I had plenty of funds leftover, and went ahead purchased the 70-200 VRII. aI think I'm going to grab an SB-910 today too. I just got to thinking, I don't feel like dealing with the headache of a questionable D800 which costs $3000, which will force me to change my technique, and I wasn't too fond of the D600 ergonomics and button placement. I know the D700 is old tech, but the consistency of beautiful pics produced by this machine is amazing. I just like the way the images look, and my Mac Pro will slice through 12mp like i better. I figured this time around, I'd opt for better glass, and maybe hold out for a true D700 successor in the mean time. I can't wait for it to arrive. This will be my first Nikon. What do you guys think? I'm second guessing myself a bit, and I've never actually used a D700. I think I'm looking more forward to the 70-200mm VR II.

you sir have bought a good deal....last year I had to decide between a D800 or a D700 and the 24-70..I bought the latter and have never looked back

instead of a Nikon SB910..look at the  SB 700..not a lot of difference in  coverage when used in anything under a football stadium, also they are smaller and more manageable.

but if I had to choose between the 24-70 or two flash heads..Id buy the lens and let the flash heads wait a while ...the 70-200 is a fantastic lens, the 24-70 is also a great lens and much needed in a photographers bag.

as for buyer remorse..LOL..as far as I can see you have bought with a bit of intelligence..which makes a refreshing change around here

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow