CANON 1D X - COLOR BANDING

Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jim 123
Forum MemberPosts: 58
Like?
Re: uneven calibrated read = pattern noise?
In reply to oklaphotog, Oct 18, 2012

oklaphotog wrote:

Jim 123 wrote:

Given an option would you send it in for service or exchange it

Like someone said above, it's a coin toss. As a former CPS member, I will say that Canon Service always did fine work on my gear. I would think they will spend more time putting it back together and doing it right than one that was mass produced on the assembly line, especially a 1 series. It will probably take longer to have Canon service it than to exchange it though. I haven't seen anyone else reporting an issue like this, and QC on 1 series cameras during production is better than any of their other cameras. So it's likely that if you exchange it, you'll be just fine.

Canon service may just send you a new body too, which wouldn't be any different than an exchange. The aperture actuator in my 24-105L died in less than 30 days after I bought it and they just gave me a new lens. You might call the California service center and ask them their opinion. (949) 753-4237 is what I have in my files for the Irving, Ca  center. (I'm assuming you're in the US.)

Thanks,

Your experience is very helpful.

Jim

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow