Started Oct 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Blackburn11
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?
finally got my k-30 in... first photo
Oct 18, 2012

Well, after 4 years or contemplating if I should get a dslr and then which I should get, I ordered a k-30.  Naturally it was out of stock where I ordered it and had to wait 3 weeks to get it.

Well, I finally got it and took it for a quick walk with my daughter.  I have a lot to learn, but I did shoot in TAv mode, used raw, and tried to figure out how to use lightroom 4 (all new as I have only shot in auto with P&S in the past).  I enjoyed it and look forward to learning.

my little girl!

I was surprised by the options in lightroom and was certainly overwhelmed.  But I think I got a better output than the jpeg that was shot with it.  So I am going to call it a win.

Feel free to critique.  You wont hurt my feelings.

I also got two manual "m" prime lens and was playing around with the focus peaking and green button exposure.  Again, lots to figure out.

Thanks to all that gave me advice and encouraged me to go with pentax.  I have no frame of reference with any other gear of course, but I am very happy with the K-30, the two control dials, the ergonomics, the focus peaking, and everything else I have figured out!

-- hide signature --

Scott Blackburn

Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow