Started Oct 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave Throgmartin
Contributing MemberPosts: 647
Like?
*** Mini-Challenge 343 -- Winners! ***
Oct 18, 2012

I want to offer a sincere thank you to everyone who participated in challenge #343 Nostalgia.  There were a number of excellent images posted and many of them were of the quality to place in the top 3.

I looked at the list first and came up with my 3 winners and then I asked my wife to look at the entries and come up with her 3 winners on her own with the goal of comparing notes.  None of the photos were on both lists!  I think that proves how even this was and how excellent of a job everyone did.

Given that I think all of the images posted are worthy of honorable mention so I'm going to get straight to the winners.

Third Place -- WilbaW Lineup of British Sports Cars

There are a number of things that work in this image.  It clearly meets the topic very well.  I like how the cars are lined up so nicely, f/5.6 @ 300mm does give you some blur of the cars in the background, and being able to see the driver's face in the lead car adds tremendously.

Second Place -- Oilman Train of New Orleans

This image really fits the challenge nicely.  The beat up old wall, abandoned bench, and chalk board writing all work together greatly.

First Place -- janzu77 Historic Rally TR8

What a perfect nostalgic photo!  I love the black and white processing and the smoke coming out of the train.  The composition is perfect, too.  The train is placed just right in the frame with the smoke in the top right corner and track ahead of them in the bottom right.  I thought the picture of the nostalgic gentleman was excellent as well, but I liked the train image better.

Congratulations to janzu77, Oilman, and WilbaW.  janzu the floor is yours!

Best Regards

Dave

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow