The Olympus 75mm, tell me why I "need" it.

Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LPMILLER
Forum MemberPosts: 56Gear list
Like?
The Olympus 75mm, tell me why I "need" it.
Oct 17, 2012

I've been through numerous threads here regarding the Olympus "must have" primes, the 12, 40 and 75.  I must confess that I am a tried and true addict of zoom lenses as I find the versatility of them to be so useful and adaptable for any given situation.  I have had primes before, 50 mm macros and my first tele lens was a 135.  The only prime that I have very fond memories of, prior to shooting digital, was the Nikon AF DC-Nikkor 105mm f/2D.  This lens was absolutely gorgeous and the images it produced were of equal quality.  I utilized this lens for a lot of natural light shooting, portraits and weddings, and even landscapes, it was actually a pretty versatile lens.

I don't actually shoot a lot of ultra wide stuff, and, if I wish to use it, have the four thirds 14-35 f2 SWD at my disposal, so the 12mm doesn't have any siren call for me.  But I keep coming back to the other two after hearing so many glowing reports here and on other forums.  I'd like to hear some feedback from anyone on here who's had experience with the 75, and yes, the 45 as well, but I'm leaning in the 75 direction. Tell me why I "need" this lens.

cheers,

Lorne Miller

LPMILLER's gear list:LPMILLER's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 35-100mm 1:2.0 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow