My D600 and Test photos (Nikon 28-105mm lens) :-)

Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rpps
Senior MemberPosts: 1,367Gear list
Like?
My D600 and Test photos (Nikon 28-105mm lens) :-)
Oct 17, 2012

I just got my D600 and spent yesterday taking a few photo's. I sold my D700 to get this new camera and I was pretty nervous with my new acquisition wondering if it would give me the same IQ I got use to with my much beloved D700.

Well initially when I unboxed the camera the two things that suprised me the most was the size and weight of the D600 so much lighter and it felt more plastified but after attaching my 28-105 mm lens I soon forgot about it. The other thing that I thought would take a lot to get use to was the button layout but I was please to find out that I could access the ISO, Metering and White Balance buttons quiet easily without having to dig into the menu to find them. Also you don't have to take your eyes away from the viewfinder to find or change them.

I find the Focus quick and accurate but the biggest difference is when lightening up the shadows areas of a RAW file, it's amazing how much more detail I can abstract and without noise. The Exposure, White Balance are spot on, amazing IQ quality too.

I haven't tries my 35mm f2 or the 50mm f1.8G lenses yet but can't wait as the quality I got out of the 28-105mm was so good.

Here's some examples, the subject matter and framing wasn't anything much I was just checking for IQ and sharpness.

rpps's gear list:rpps's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D600 Nikon D750 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +3 more
Nikon D600 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow