Not sure if I did the right thing... from Canon 5D3 to D700?

Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rumi Siddiqui
Regular MemberPosts: 201Gear list
Like?
Re: Not sure if I did the right thing... from Canon 5D3 to D700?
In reply to rpps, Oct 17, 2012

rpps wrote:

The D700 is a great camera I moved up to one from a D300s and going FX was the difference or I should say the IQ I have been searching for in a DSLR.

I sold my D700 for $1800 with 4,000 activations on it last week to get the D600, I was so nervous waiting for the D600 to arrive, wondering if I had done the right thing as I haven't even seen one or use one in a shop .

But it arrived from Hong Kong this week and I'm really impressed with it the IQ, White Balance and Exposure they are spot on and the detail I can abstract from the shadow areas is amazing. One main reason for going to the D600 and the 24MP sensor was to give me the option to crop tighter without any loss in IQ .

I was a bit shocked with the weight of the D600 compared to the D700 but after a few days I don't really notice much difference now.

I loved my D700 but this D600 to me is a big improvement.

Oh my, buyer's remorse is rearing it's ugly head. I'm wondering if I should have not been so quick to dismiss the D600 over the ergonomics. What were your complaints about the D700 that you find improved in the D600? I hate second guessing myself.

Rumi Siddiqui's gear list:Rumi Siddiqui's gear list
Nikon D810 Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135 Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow