ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kenju4u
Regular MemberPosts: 136Gear list
Like?
Looking to buy a new Nikon...need advice
Oct 17, 2012

Hi Guys,

I am looking to move to Nikon after owning a Sony A200 since the past 4 years. The main reason for the move is because I am looking for a camera which provides better low light performance then what Sony Camera's offer. I am also looking for a camera that can make short movies in HD and has live view capabilities. I also tend to make HDR and Panoramic images with the current camera through post processing so any in camera capabilities would be appreciated.

I am leaning heavily towards the D7000 after doing months of research and comparisons between it and the D5100, D3200, Sony A77, Canon D60 and 7D. I also considered the D600 for a bit but realized its out of my price range since I will need to get lens as well.

My dilemma is, do I buy the D7000 today with some really good deals going on with a D7000 + the 18 - 200 VR II bundles that I like or do I wait until Oct 24 announcement that is scheduled as per Nikon Rumors to see if something else is announced as the D7000 replacement which might have enhanced video capabilities, HDR etc, or maybe a new line? Although I risk the chance to loose the good deals that are going on right now for waiting 1 more week.

Nikon Rumors site seems to suggest waiting on the D7000 because something new is either in the lineup this year.

What do you guys think? Should I pull the trigger or since I've waited this long...just wait it out and see what happens next week. I need to buy the camera no later then 1st week of December because I am going on a Safari and would like to use the new camera during my trip.

Please advice.

Thanks,
Ken

-- hide signature --

CAMERAS : Sony A200, Fuji F30, iPhone 4
---------------------------------------------------------
LENS: Sony 1870 Kit Lens, Minolta 70-200 3.5-4.5f, Minolta 50 1.8f

kenju4u's gear list:kenju4u's gear list
Nikon D7000
Canon EOS 7D Nikon D3200 Nikon D5100 Nikon D600 Nikon D7000 Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow