Started Oct 17, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tommygun45
Contributing MemberPosts: 979Gear list
Like?
Anyone tempted by Fuji X Line?
Oct 17, 2012

The Nex 5n was my first real camera. With it I have grown and increased my knowledge of photography exponentially in a little over 6 months. I have a decent set of lenses for it, including the 18200, 50 1.8, Sigma 30, and some FDn lenses. I have also added the H20FS flash.

This setup gets the job done, as far as I can tell. However after looking at the new Fuji XE-1 that is coming out I cannot stop feeling that I need to purchase this camera. I feel like I want to develop my skills further as a photographer and that I have basically mastered all of the features and abilities that the 5n has to offer. The 6 looks like a fairly simple upgrade from the 5n, in terms of controls, and its image quality I expect to be virtually identical. The AF will be an improvement but I realize I don't shoot a ton of stuff that I need AF for, yet.

The Fuji on the other hand seems to have a more true photographic nature to it. As if its designed for who I am trying to be, rather than who I was when I got the 5n. It seems to be more of a professional tool than a camera system that's now moving towards Apps and self portraits.

I have been waiting for a lens like the 35 1.8 to come out for a while, but if I am going to drop 450 on it I need to make sure I am happy in this system and not missing a better experience elsewhere.

Thus far I love the focus peaking on the Nex's, the tiltable screen makes shooting easier, I actually have no idea how people who use 'real' cameras get shots low to the ground or over their head, this has become so natural for me. The image quality is great as well.

I guess I feel like I should move onto something more. But, maybe I am wrong. That Fuji sensor does seem to do some remarkable things however, and the build quality and the quality of the lenses certainly are appealing.

I don't do any specific kind of photography however, as I still find myself still developing an understanding of the craft.

Anyways, anyone else looking at the XE-1, or has anyone come from that line and is happy/upset about their move? (X100 Xpro1 users I would presume.) Thanks for your thoughts! This has been keeping me up at night!

Tommygun45's gear list:Tommygun45's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow